Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Enjoy the Walk and Love the Run

Good afternoon! 

Are you a walker or a runner? There are only two categories for my mind to digest and accept. One either is a walker or a runner in life. Not everyone is able to run and many despise the sport and would only run if a bear were chasing them as a mid-afternoon snack! Yep, and then there is my type, the runner classification and the above-average male addicted to the endorphines released during a 13.1 mile run. For me, the running speed begins at 6 MPH and stops at 18 MPH. Anytime you finish a mile in single digits, 00:09:59, yes, that was a run. Now, if you just ran up a mountain or a really steep hill with your heart rate jumping up to 190 beats per minute (BPM), okay, a 00:15:00 mile pace still felt like running for both mind and body. 

Jogging
Walking is walking and running is running quickly. The in-between is jogging and or speed walking. I have done both and prefer either a brisk walk/hike or full out speed. The idea of 'jogging' does not and never has appealed to me. After my hips and knees are replaced with a Kevlar material and the pain grows too intense I shall retreat to the swimming pools and cycling. 

Walking
When my running partners have busy lives I gladly walk the trails of Utah in order to absorb mother nature in her finest moments. A nice stroll along the mountain trails, a passeggiata nearby the Provo River does wonders for the soul and brain. 

Running Through Life
Why walk when you can run? My motto is simply, "ran farther to move further in life." This allows me to apply running to nearly every aspect of life:
1. Family
2. Community
3. Church
4. Personal 
5. Corporate Realm

I discovered and strive to learn more from mistakes, and far too often fall backward making the same error. Alas, if I keep on running success does trickle here and there a little. I find when I stop running, well, not good at all. For if one has the awesome ability to run through and around obstacles and is lazy deciding to walk. Yeah, not good at all! Muscles have great memories and if you have the running talent and deny it by walking and resting on laurels I feel this is a great mistake. Your mind and body may forget what running sensations bring, the hidden blessing, and how many people can be helped with your talents and honed, exposed, augmented, and shared with others. 

May the trails great you with a smile, the sun warm your skin, and may the wind blow through your hair as you run, walk, and then run a little more through life...

Sincerely,
Orange Rabbit Runner

No comments:

Post a Comment